Through our Details of the District campaign, we plan to expand the vibrant sense of place throughout the downtown district as we:
• Brighten things up: We’ll add double and single street lamps for better lighting and historic charm.
• Be more welcoming: We’ll add benches and bike racks for comfortable and easy access to the entire district.
• Beautify, beautifully: We’ll add new flower baskets, more trash containers, brick details and new banners on the light poles to unify the district.
The goal: $600,000
We believe it is the details that make all the difference.
The Cedar Falls downtown district has always been defined geographically as a 29 block area: bordered by the Cedar River on the north and east, west to Franklin Street, and south through the 600 block.
Visually, however, it’s a different story.
The small but crucial elements that help define that sense of place are only found along Main Street: historic streetlamps, welcoming benches, bike racks, bountiful flower baskets.
Wander a block or two away, and you’ll find a decidedly second-rate feel with little beautification, a lack of amenities and utilitarian streetlights.
The entire downtown district of Cedar Falls is thriving and growing, and we want to reflect that synergy.
This phased construction is a partnership between Community Main Street, the City of Cedar Falls and Cedar Falls Utilities.
What’s your favorite moment downtown? Who would you like to honor? We’ve created giving opportunities at a variety of levels to give everyone the chance to put their name on downtown.
• Three year pledges are available
• All gifts are tax-deductible
Pledge Form or Donate here!1) Send in your check to Community Main Street, 310 East 4th Street, Cedar Falls, IAor 2) Donate online via PayPal